Saturday, July 16, 2011

Show-N-Teach

In second grade we would have one student each week be the student of the week. Because I have a sports theme, in my classroom it was called the MVP. On Fridays, that student would teach the class something of their choice. We called this Show-N-Teach. HERE is the note we created to send home the week prior to the child's turn so they would have time to prepare. We did not allow parents to come in, because let's face it, we all know what happens . . . the student forgets what he's supposed to say next, the mom jumps in and presents the rest of it. We had no complaints from parents about this. The class always looked forward to Show-N-Teach on Fridays. I'm not sure I'm going to do this next year because I am moving down to first grade, but some of you out there may enjoy it!

2 comments: